Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Getting a Job

EVER since the collapse of NOVA English school, in which many Japanese people lost a lot of money and many Foreign teachers got a simple goodbye and were thrown out on the street, there has a been a big decline in the Teaching English profession, confidence is minimal. Some other schools tried to take up the slack from NOVA but they have only reopened a hand full of schools.

I sent out many requests by email to all and any local English schools which operate in Japan in the Yokosuka and Yokohama areas. I went online and did a lot of research and also used the Japanese phone book online and found as many language schools as I could. The fruits of my labour are two schools interested in seeing me when I get to Japan. I am going to go see a certain school in Yokohama which is interested in me on Monday.

If this fails, or maybe even if it works out, I will set myself up as a private tutor and see what I can bring in this way. There are many English teacher down here in Yokosuka since the American military navy base is here. But the farther away you get, the less there are. Ganbate!

No comments:

Post a Comment